Terms & Conditions
In this contract:? ?
- ‘We’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means Standard Company Limited t/a as The Standard Furniture Company Limited a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 11743832 and our registered office is at 555-557 Cranbrook Road, Ilford, London, IG2 6HE; and
- ‘You’ or ‘your’ means the person using our site to buy furniture? from us.
If you don’t understand any of this contract and want to talk to us about it, please contact us.
1 ? ? ? ? ? Introduction
- If you buy furniture? on our site you agree to be legally bound by this contract.
- We may change or withdraw this website without notice to you and/or change these Terms from time to time.
- Below, we set out how a legally binding contract between you and us is made.
- You place an order on the site. Please read and check your order carefully before submitting it. However, if you need to correct any errors you can do so before submitting it to us.
- When you place your order at the end of the online checkout, we will acknowledge it by email. This acknowledgement does not, however, mean that your order has been accepted.
- We may contact you to say that we do not accept your order. This is typically for the following reasons:
- the furniture? is unavailable;
- we cannot authorise your payment;
- you are not allowed to buy the furniture? from us;
- we are not allowed to sell the furniture? to you; or
- there has been a mistake on the pricing or description of the furniture.
- We will only accept your order when we email you to confirm this (Confirmation Email). At this point:
- a legally binding contract will be in place between you and us; and
- we will deliver the furniture? to you.
- Once the order has been accepted, we will contact you with an estimated date and time window for delivery of the furniture.
- If something happens which is outside of our control and affects the estimated date of delivery we will let you have a revised estimated date for delivery of the furniture.
- Delivery of the furniture? will take place when we deliver them to the address that you gave to us. Please be aware that subject to stock availability, we may deliver your furniture? in instalments. We do not deliver outside of England, Scotland and Wales.?
- Unless you and we agree otherwise, if we cannot deliver your furniture? within 30 days, we will let you know, cancel your order and give you a refund.
- On the day your furniture is due to be delivered, please ensure that the room the furniture? is going into is easily accessible. If previously agreed, we will unpack your furniture and install in the room of your choice. We are unable to take your? old furniture with us. We may ask you to sign paperwork to confirm that you have received your furniture and that you are satisfied with them.?
- If nobody is available to take delivery, please contact us using the contact details provided. If you do not contact us within 30 days from the date you were unable to take delivery, we will cancel your order. We may also charge you a fee as a result of any loss we suffered for your failure to take delivery.
- You are responsible for the furniture when delivery has taken place. In other words, the risk in the furniture? passes to you when you take possession of the furniture. If however, you have not yet paid for the furniture when it is delivered to you, we will still own the furniture even though you will be responsible for it.?
- The price of the furniture is in pounds sterling (￡)(GBP) and includes VAT at the applicable rate. The price does not include the cost of delivering the furniture to you.?
- Payments are processed via Shopify and we accept debit or credit cards, Visa, Mastercard, Delta/Connect or Maestro. If you wish to pay cash on delivery, you must notify us of your intention to do so prior to placing an order. Furniture? will not be delivered into your home until payment is made. If you have requested to make payment by cash, we may ask you to make a bank transfer as way of a non-refundable deposit.?
- If your payment is not received by us and you have already received the furniture , you:
- must pay for such furniture? within 7 days; or
- must return them to us as soon as possible. If so, you must keep the furniture? in your possession, take reasonable care of them (including ensuring that you follow any instructions or manuals given with the furniture ) and not use them before you return them to us.
- If you do not return any furniture? (such as where you have not paid for them) we may collect the furniture? from you at your expense. We will try to contact you to let you know if we intend to do this.
- Consumer Contract regulations 2015 only apply to your order if the furniture? have not been custom made to your specification or if you have not examined the furniture. If the Consumer Contract Regulations do apply you can cancel your order by notifying us, by email, before delivery or within 14 working days beginning with the day after the date of delivery.
- It is your responsibility to take good care of the furniture and you are liable for any loss or damage. Any unsealed mattresses will be deemed to be used and therefore cannot be returned for any reason other than because they are not as described or are not of satisfactory quality.
- If you have received furniture :
- we will collect the furniture , without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your cancellation from this contract to us; and
- you will have to bear the direct cost of returning the furniture. We will inform you of those costs prior to collection.?
- Once the furniture has been re-inspected (to ensure they have not been used), refunds will be processed within 30 days.?
- While we try to make sure that:
- all sizes and measurements set out on the site are as accurate as possible, there may be a small tolerance of up to 5% in sizes and measurements; and
- the colours of our furniture is displayed accurately on the site, the actual colours that you see on your computer may vary depending on the monitor that you use.
- Nothing in this contract affects your legal rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (also known as ‘statutory rights’). You may also have other rights in law.
- Please contact us using the contact details on our contact us page, if you want to discuss any faulty furniture? or how you would like this to be remedied.
If this contract is ended it will not affect our right to receive any money which you owe to us under this contract.
- Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury) or arising under applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information, we are not legally responsible for:
- losses that:
- were not foreseeable to you and us when the contract was formed; or
- that were not caused by any breach on our part;
- business losses; and
- losses to non-consumers.
Notwithstanding this, our liability for any loss suffered will be limited to the price of the furniture? and delivery charges paid by you.??
- We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently. If you are unhappy with the furniture? or the service provided to you, please contact us as soon as possible.?
- If you want to take court proceedings, the courts of the part of the United Kingdom in which you live will have non-exclusive jurisdiction in relation to this contract.
- The laws of England and Wales will apply to this contract.
13.1 No one other than a party to this contract has any right to enforce any term of this contract.